Wheat is Pakistan’s staple crop. With an average annual production of about 23 million metric tons, 100% of the wheat is consumed domestically.
In 2000-2001, 2003-2004 and 2010-2011, Pakistan was blessed with bumper wheat crops and the government allowed export of the surplus quantity.
Our quantum of exports under these three export programs was:
- 475,000 mtons in 2000-2001
- 100,000 mtons in 2003-2004
- 220,000 mtons in 2010-2011
Pakistan wheat has both a high protein as well as gluten content and is popular in the international market despite irregular supplies. Garibsons has exported both FAQ grade as well as Grade A (cleaned) wheat. Our in-house wheat cleaning set-up is operable at a rated capacity of 2,500 mtons per day.
The specifications for FAQ wheat are:
- Test weight 77kg / hl min
- Protein (dmb) 11.5% min
- Moisture 12% max
- Foreign matter (non-edible) 2% max
- Foreign matter (edible) 3% max
- Wet Gluten 26% min
- Falling number 275 per sec min
- Shrunken & broken kernels 3% max
- Damaged grain 2% max
Garibsons has a Raw Material Storage Infrastructure which constitutes of warehousing space of more than 1.1 million square feet and 13 silos, each having a holding capacity of 4,200 mtons.
We have provisions to load:
- bagged in containers (about 24 to 25 mtons per 20′ FCL)
- bulk in containers (about 24 to 25 mtons per 20′ FCL)
- bagged in vessel (load rate: 1,500 mtons pwwd shex eiu)
- bulk in vessel (load rate: 3,500 mtons pwwd shex eiu)